After being so overworked with up to 80 hour weeks that she fell into a 10-day *coma*, Sunny Smith, M.D., vowed to not only change her life, but the life of the other female physicians in the same situation. But the true ‘how’ didn’t appear before her, until another unfortunate accident years later (while biking in Moorea) forced her to once again not only slow down but also consider her next chapter. And that is precisely when she discovered the incredible skill-set of coaching.
Soon after, Sunny founded Empowering Women Physicians, the most comprehensive and collaborative coaching program for women physicians that has been documented to decrease burnout, increase professional fulfillment, and increase self-compassion.
But it’s Sunny’s full story that gets me every time, as I take in her immense compassion for other humans both in and out of her field.
On this raw and heartfelt episode of #GlambitionRadio, Sunny opens up about her experiences and conversations as both a medical doctor and clinical professor, shares how her work is helping so many other female professionals within the medical community, and gives us rare glimpses into the mysterious world of the medical field.
On this episode of #GlambitionRadio, you’ll hear:
- What inspired Sunny to pursue a path in medicine from an early age, as the daughter of a professional hockey player
- How she met the Dalai Lama, and what he said that she can’t forget.
- The lucky scenario that got her into her top choice med school … after being at THE BOTTOM of the list!
- How Sunny’s coma experience ended up on a major TV show, and where you can still watch it (I’ve seen and it’s very emotional)
- Sunny’s mission to empower more physicians to become multi-faceted, fulfilled women who are much more than their medical degrees
It’s been such an honor to be privy to Sunny’s story, as she has been a private client and is a member of The Trust. This is one you won’t want to miss, and you may want to have the tissues handy.
Head to Apple Podcasts now to listen to this episode of Glambition Radio (or download it for later).
P.S. I would love your review! If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts,’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
- Learn more about Empowering Women Physicians
- Follow Sunny on Instagram
- Learn more about The Trust – the modern, premier network for 7+8-figure women entrepreneurs